Denman Award Application Form
To encourage and inspire members of the East End WI to expand their skills, build confidence, and enable them to go on one of the courses at Denman College, the committee have set aside funds of £200 in Denman College vouchers, each year for an award.
We want the process to be as open, clear and inviting as possible. Once you have read the information below, if you would like to apply, please complete the attached form.
Decide on which Denman College course you would like to go on.
For this year, get the application form to any committee member in time for the selection in June, this year.
One committee member will be responsible for collating the applications, and ensuring that all the information needed is provided. It is therefore advisable to get the form completed as soon as possible.
At the EEWI meeting in June, the winner will be drawn ‘out of a hat’, and presented with the Denman vouchers.
If the course chosen by the winner does not cost the full £200, then another name can be drawn, and the remaining vouchers awarded. This winner may then decide whether the contribution is sufficient to enable her to go on a course, as the balance will need to be paid by the participant. Further draws can take place until the funds are all allocated and accepted.
The vouchers remain valid for two years, but the expectation is that they will be used on a course that is completed before the award is allocated in the next year.
- The award is open to all current members, including committee members.
- The Draw will be made at our June meeting by an ‘independent’ person. This could be e.g. a visitor; a visiting speaker; or a member who has not made an application for the award that year.
- The award is to cover fees, only. It does not cover travel and other expenses.
- If the award does not meet the full cost of the course fees, the participant agrees to pay the balance.
- The winner will provide the committee, within three weeks, notification of the booking for the course they have selected.
- An award winner will be eligible to apply again after three years.
The winner will be able to choose how to feedback to the EEWI – e.g. by a brief presentation at one of our meetings; a poster presentation, a written report; a demonstration of the skills learned etc.
Information about courses can be found at http://www.denmancollege.org.uk/.
Or by contacting
NFWI Unit and Denman College
Marcham, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Telephone 01865 391991
With best wishes from the EEWI committee.
I would like to feedback to the EEWI by (giving a talk, writing a piece for the newsletter for example):
I have read and understood the attached description of the process and the conditions for the award