Our next meeting, on 21st October, at 7pm for 7.30, will have Kathleen Sherit talking about women in the armed forces.
Kathleen will have some copies of her recent book, for perusal and for sale.
This will be our first in-person meeting back at St Margaret’s House in Bethnal Green. For new members who haven't visited before, the address is 21 Old Ford Road, London E2 9PL. The entrance is the gated archway to the left of the building. Follow the path along and to the right, round the courtyard garden, and you'll see us ready to welcome you – the meeting room opens on to the courtyard.
As this is our first meeting, we will gauge how comfortable everyone feels. We cannot guarantee that The Hall is a Covid secure environment but we will take the following measures to keep all as safe as possible – apologies, this is the boring but necessary bit!
1. Hand sanitiser on entry
2. Lots of space, but we will leave the door open to the garden so please bring woollies!
3. Masks are optional, but we encourage them for when moving around the room.
4. Temperatures will be taken on arrival.
5. List of attendees in case of subsequent covid cases,
6. Please do not attend if you believe you have been infected with Covid-19, have been instructed to self-isolate if you or any member of your household have tested positive in the last 14 days.
October coffee mornings15th October at 11.00, at Chirunguito café, at the north exit of Bethnal Green underground station. The café opens at 11.00 so this is slightly later than normal. We can sit outside if preferred.
29th October on Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent out nearer the time to our list of East End WI members and friends.